1. Onto watercolour paper apply layers of Gesso, dissolved walnut ink crystals, chalk paint and Distress Paint to provide a panel which has a delicate almost dreamy appearance which I think particularly suits nature themed artwork. It also has a lovely textural quality to it.
2. Abrade the edges before adhering to cardbase and sponging Distress Ink Vintage Photo to the edges and touches of gilding wax.
3. Apply washes of dissolved walnut ink crystals to manilla shipping tag. Abrade the edges before apply Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
4. Stamp Feather with Staz-on Timber Brown.
5. Thread ivory jute twine through a button, layer to fragment of vintage crochet lace and adhere to top of tag. Adhere tag to cardbase.
6. Stamp quote onto mulberry paper, adhering to cardbase with Gel Medium.
7. Embellish cardbase with piece of bark and fragment of vintage crochet lace.
* Enjoy preparing the watercolour paper as it is therapeutic. Take the time to continue building the layers, blending the colours, etc. You will know when you have achieved the effect you are aiming for.
* Substitute the dissolved walnut ink crystals with Distress Stain
1. Stain balsa wood with dissolved walnut ink crystals. Manipulate the solution with a heat gun to achieve desired appearance.
2. Stamp feather three times with Timber Brown Staz-on ink pad.
3. Second generation stamp Texture Stamp French Script with Rich Cocoa.
4. Apply Distress Paints to the panel.
5. Stamp sentiment from Wildflowers Vol 1 onto scrap piece of stained balsa wood. Staple to a strip of muslin before adhering to bottom of balsa wood panel
6. Embellish the panel with vintage lace and a jute twine bow. Adhere this panel to a panel of bark with Gel Medium. Leave to dry before adhering to a card base.
Darkroom Door Feathers Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Viva La Flora Vol 2 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Wildflowers Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door French Script Texture Stamp
Distress Paint: Tea Dye, Weathered Wood, Antique Linen
Staz-on Timber Brown
Memento Rich Cocoa
Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Golden Gel Medium
6"x4" cardbase (or white cardstock)
Idea-ology Tiny Attacher
May Arts Ivory Jute Twine, dissolved walnut ink crystals, vintage crochet lace, fragment of bark, balsa wood, one button
Thank you for your visit to the Darkroom Door Blog today.
1. Sharpen a pencil and wrap it with washi tape or paper tape.2. Stamp out 5 or 6 feathers on Vellum paper. I had some scraps of Vellum and Kraft.
3. Fussy cut the feathers out. Paying attention to detail.
4. Staple 2 or 3 feathers together and them wrap them on then pencil using twine. I loved the way this added that rustic look.
5. I added a small piece of felt, to the backs of the feathers, making the feather slide off and on. When the pencil is used up, just slide off the topper and put it on another pencil and then re-wrap the twine at the bottom of the feather cluster.
Darkroom Door Feathers Rubber Stamp SetRanger Archival Ink
Washi or Paper tape (7gypsies)
Other: pencils, twine, button, felt
Thanks for stopping by today!
The Polaroid Frame is such a great stamp and is also perfect for scrapbooking and art journaling, or to frame just about anything. On this card, I used it to frame a little watercolour scene, stamped with the Carved Houses Rubber Stamps. The frame was stamped with Jet Black ink on white cardstock and inked with Pumice Stone. I cut out the centre to make space for the little scene.
The two houses were inked with Distress Markers, misted 4-5 times with water and stamped on watercolour paper. When they were dry, I painted around them with Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage and also stamped some grass with Bundle Sage. Finally, it was splattered with Pumice Stone (smear on your craft sheet, mist with water and pick up with a paint brush), for some texture. I die cut two clouds and stamped a sentiment from Home Sweet Home on one of them.
There is another sentiment from Home Sweet Home under the scene. The background is dry embossed and sanded Tim Holtz Core'dinations cardstock and I embellished the card with two Industrious stickers.
Darkroom Door Polaroid Frame Stamp
Darkroom Door Carved Houses Rubber Stamp Set
Darkroom Door Home Sweet Home Rubber Stamp SetSurfaces: Tim Holtz Core'dinations Colour-Core cardstock; Neenah Smooth Solar White cardstock; Canson Watercolour paper
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Courtyard & Trellis set
Dies: Sizzix: Arrows, Banners, Chevrons & Clouds
Ranger Distress Markers: Festive Berries, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Stormy Sky
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Borders Industrious Stickers, Chiseled Industrious stickers, Elements Remnant Rubs
Thank you so much for looking!
Onto canvas panel apply dissolved walnut ink crystals, Gesso and paint, manipulating with heat gun.
Ink up a feather from the new Feathers stamp set with Staz-on ink and stamp onto muslin.
Partially ink up sentiment from Viva La Flora Vol 2 Rubber Stamp Set with Rich Cocoa and stamp onto handmade paper. Layer sentiment onto the muslin panel with Gel Medium. Adhere this panel onto the canvas panel.
Gather wooden button, various twine, lace and feather to embellish the bottom of the canvas panel. Further embellish the panel with Prima blossoms and a jute bow.
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamps: Feathers, Viva La Flora Vol 2
Staz-on Timber Brown
Memento Rich Cocoa
Martha Stewart paints
Dissolved walnut crystals
7”x5” canvas panel
Extras: ivory jute twine, twine, lace, wooden button and feather
Very soon I will be sharing more artwork using the Feathers stamp set but in the meantime, thank you for visiting the Darkroom Door Blog today!